Join our consignment program
and turn your unneeded boating items into cash!!
How it works:
1. Bring in your boating items. Your
items should be marine related and in good working condition.
2. A consignor
number will be assigned to you. You will be required
to sign & and date a consignment
3. After your item sells, a check is
issued on the tenth of the month following the date it
was sold. The cut off date for the consignment calculations
is the 25th of every month. The reason for this is we have
a 5 day return policy and we need to make sure that items
sold on the 25th are not returned.
4. Second Wave will receive 40% of the selling price. The consignor will receive the balance of 60%.
1. Items must be in good working condition.
2. It is the consignor's responsibility
to update his/her address and phone number should they
Wave reserves the right to return items to consignors
for whatever reason. Owners must pick up merchandise
within 14 days of notification.
“No No” List
June 19, 2012
ALL items left for consignment MUST be clean, complete, working and within their useable lifespan. Items sold “per length” must be measured by consignor. Sails must have complete measurements and be folded and bagged.
These items are currently not accepted for intake at Second Wave.
- Photocopies of charts, non-folded charts, datum prior to 1995, non-marine related books.
- Used switches, used wire, telephone cable/connectors, shore power cords (ends must be factory sealed).
- CRT (cathode ray tube) displays, incomplete instrument packages, cut radar cables, all must be in working condition. Television antennas or coax.
- Inboard engines, used parts, outboards over 15hp., propellers, transmissions, alternators.
- Ground Tackle & Rigging
- Chain over 3/8”, industrial rigging, anchors over 100lbs., “Danforth” style over 30lbs., rigging wire or rod, lifeline, use swage ends.
- Paints, varnishes, caulk/sealants or flammables. Fasteners.
- Freon-based units, compressors, irregular windows/doors.
- “Parts” fixtures, unpackaged bulbs.
- Over 1” in diameter, polypropylene, used Mann line
- Items sold “per length” must be measured by consignor.
- Used hose or shorts under 3’, used pipe fittings (used valves okay). Used tanks other than aluminum diesel (all tanks MUST be completely empty), hot water tanks, used fixed installation toilets.
- EPIRBs, liferafts, kapok items, flares or smoke canisters.
- Unmeasured or un-bagged/folded sails, Mylar sails, sails with a Luff over 40’.
- Sails must have complete measurements and be folded and bagged.
- Sporting Goods
- Dive or snorkeling equipment.
- Used or unboxed control cable, incomplete self-steering systems.